Popular Posts

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Crochet King Size Afghan

Posted by Angela B. at 5:33 PM


This Afghan sure feels like it has no end in sight. At the time, I was searching Pinterest for fun crochet projects for the holidays, something quick, cute and fun to make as 🎁 gifts! My plans changed when hubby kept catching me searching and searching and when I mentioned I was looking for a crochet project, he put me to work. We headed to Hobby Lobby for him to pick out his yarn for his Afghan. He picked Bernat Blanket Yarn, there were only 5 skeins, 4 in gray and 1 in white. We would need a lot more to make an Afghan large enough for someone six foot tall. He wants it to be around 80 x 100 inches! Yeah, I was freaked! I have never made anything that large before, so it kind of sounded fun. I had to buy the largest crochet hook I could find in the store for this one! My hubby wants an Afghan that his toes will not poke through. That calls for tight stitches. I have been working on it off and on for about 2 months now, I can only do so many rows before my fingers are cramped up. I don't know how My elders can do that large of projects over and over again making afghans for their entire families during the holidays. It is a lot of work! Be appreciative if you receive an Afghan from a loved one, they worked hard for you to have a warm hug year round! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aunt B Creations Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review