Popular Posts

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Children’s Face Mask

Posted by Angela B. at 12:00 AM


I have had this fabric that I bought from a garage sale, stashed in my closet for years. As soon as the news broke that a child died from the COVID-19 virus and that we should all possibly wear masks since we have no idea how this virus is truly spreading, I decided I need to use my stashed fabric up. I had elastic stashed in my sewing box, dug out some from my mothers old sewing box, plenty of thread, and I went at it making masks in various sizes. I am not an experienced Tailor by any means. Me and the Singer rarely get along, that is why she has been collecting dust stashed in the closet all this time. I have been itching to attempt a sewing project for a while now, but this is not what I had in mind. I honestly wish this was not the project. I feel proud that I made it this far and the masks actually look like masks and are wearable like a mask. I do hope that the masks I make are doing someone some good. I guess they are doing at least one person good, and that would be me. I work from home, so this quarantine thing was already my life. Going to the grocery was my “girls night out” alone. But now we are having groceries delivered, so I am even getting cabin fever. That is saying a lot for a home body like myself. To stay somewhat sane, I dive into hobbies or chores. I have plenty of both. When I craft and use up supplies it feels so good almost like I cleaned out an entire closet. Maybe because I cleaned out an entire closet to get to the fabric I had stashed away, but that is besides the point.



Thank you for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. I love ego boosting comments!   



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aunt B Creations Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review