Popular Posts

Monday, February 8, 2016

Crochet 50 States Square Afghan

Posted by Angela B. at 1:21 PM

So if you are familiar with Facebook you would know all about all the groups you can join there. I joined one called the 50 States Granny Square Swap. It was started out as a swap to make squares representing your state. After about 4 squares in they changed the name to Crochet Granny Square Swap. Boy, was I disappointed in the change. I kept going making squares for those I had promised them to, and receiving them from all over the nation including Hawaii!

 Hawaii was the first square I received, so I set it aside and was going to have it framed for my craft room wall so it did not make the cut for this afghan along with a few other squares. I may just finish swapping and start a new afghan similar to the one below with them since I have quite a few I still need to send out as promised.


When I completed the afghan my husband gave me a funny look and said "Those squares do not go together this is the ugliest blanket I ever seen." I added yellow trimming because on first draft stage I had planned on a few yellow poms and I was going to make flowers and leafs growing all over the blanket. I decided making all those flowers would be so much more work than making a few pom poms. So I went with a pom pom idea and started doing a few in different colors and adding them on in no apparent order. It really looks much prettier in person!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aunt B Creations Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review