Popular Posts

Friday, February 3, 2012

Brother SE 400 Sewing & Embroidery

Posted by Angela B. at 9:46 AM

 


I am so excited! I have been wanting an embroidery machine for quite some time and almost spent thousands on an industrial machine once upon a time, but the birdie on my shoulder stopped me since I knew nothing of machine embroidering. I know a little about hand  embroidery and cross stitch. When I didn't receive one of these machines for my 40th birthday last July and then not from Santa this year either, I decided to make an impulse buy on the HSN web site which I quickly cancelled when i discovered I could save over a 100 for the same machine with a different item number through Amazon.com and for the money I saved I can buy embroidery computer software and a beginners machine embroidery kit. I am so pumped! 
The machine was delivered this past Wednesday and knowingly I should be using some stabilizer for the fabric I haven't been because I wanted to play with it so very badly. The machine came with some white thread so I attempted a washcloth, a pillowcase and yes I had to try a pair of hubby's underwear. That was just for fun! But do not attempt that without a stabilizer, take my warning serious the material was matted up in the machine... it was not good. I told my 19 year old son when he returns home from work beware of what garments of his I get a hold of. (giggles)

My only complaint would be that the beginners kit be included in the machine with a few samples of the stabilizer fabric as well as maybe a small project ideas guide would be nice. But that's okay I am lucky to have internet.

Here's a sample of the first shot at the pillow case

Test run with the beginners kit colors had a little bobbin tangling and through off the entire design of the butterfly. I didn't research how to apply stabilizer so I think I may be using it wrong as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aunt B Creations Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review