Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Crochet Raspberry Baby Beret

Posted by Angela B. at 9:46 AM

 



Hello my friends and followers! 

Today I am sharing my Raspberry Beret made as a custom order to their color preference. Isn’t it pretty? I had the Taffy Pink Beret in my Etsy shop to match a little Taffy Pink vest I made along with some baby booties, and a ruffle baby skirt with bloomers, and a wonderfully sweet customer asked what color it was, I told her it was a bubblegum taffy pink color, she wanted Raspberry. So I went on the hunt for Raspberry baby weight yarn to do this project. It took some searching to be able to get just a skein of Raspberry, it was out of stock, but if I bought a 10- skein package, well I would not have to wait until it was back in stock, so that was the route I took. I bought this yarn from LoveCrafts.com it is called Paintbox yarn and it comes in a variety of color choices. The yarn is 100% Acrylic, 3 weight, and Made in Turkey.  



I was ecstatic that I not only found Raspberry yarn but now I can let the curious potential customer know that if I find the yarn I would make the item to their preferences without any obligation to them to purchase the item. Once I finished I would put the item up for sale in the shop and if they decided they wanted it, they would know it was going in shop before I even posted it for sale. :) It worked out wonderfully! She bought it as soon as it went live in shop, I had to quickly order polymailers from Amazon but they were here in two days which I still made my 3 - 5 day shipping. Yay! I had so much fun making this hat I ended up making 2 more and adding them to the shop. 



But first to make my customer happy, I added in a special surprise free gift with her hat purchase. I hope she likes them! I added in matching Crochet Baby Booties as a special surprise free gift. They were nothing fancy, but she can add a beautiful ribbon, or sew in a decorative button on top if she likes.

I admit the free gift idea was my daughters. She opened a stationary/sticker shop on Etsy last month and has already made over $200. I guess stickers are a hit! I have only had 6 sales in almost 8 years. I guess handmade crochet items not so much of a hit. I will eventually find my niche and get a unique spot somewhere. Until then it is still a hobby and if I make some money that would be great! Even better if I was so busy I didn’t have to get a job outside of the house, I know that is too good to be true. LOL! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aunt B Creations Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review