Popular Posts

Monday, July 10, 2017

Crochet King SIze Afghan

Posted by Angela B. at 5:43 PM

Hey there crafty friends! Among many afghans my hubby has requested this is one he was eager to buy the yarn for. Isn't it the most plush yarn you ever seen? So soft and squishy! I had already started it once, I had about six skeins on, and I was gaining stitches by the row, it was not keeping its rectangle shape. I frogged it, another words "rippit" all back out! It really had too many holes for hubby's taste anyways, so I was off to search for a new pattern and quick before he notices that I had  pullled it all out. I stumbled upon a free pattern from Yarnspirations.com using the same yarn. The pattern calls for an L hook, I chose an N, but wishing I had gone even larger on the hook size. Hubby wants it to overlap the king size bed. 80x100? Aye ye ye! Good thing I have many other crafts to keep me from going bonkers on crochet overload! So far I am starting my 3rd skein of Vinatge white Bernat Blanket yarn. $4.99 at Hobby Lobby.com only took two days to arrive with no extra shipping cost! I have 19 more skeins to go. He also requested  a border alternating between the white and a gray. He wants to keep me busy I think! Well off to go add on my goal of a skein a day! Wish me luck! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aunt B Creations Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review